Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Doing alot of nothin'

The only thing I baked this week, besides two box mixes of brownies (eldest child's birthday choice-and holy shit it wasn't homemade!), and meals was mini cinnamon rolls that I made from the Bread in 5 minutes a day brioche recipe... and I didn't even take pictures. Really. I'm hanging my head in disbelief too.

The reason I haven't done much is we had a hideous case of the "cold" eh hem... cough cough, (ha! you thought I was going to say herpes or something huh?). Usually I'm the last to get it, if I get it at all. I got it, and bad. It took me out for a couple of days, and I'm still working it out. Bleh.

I made the mini rolls a bit bigger because I don't have a mini muffin pan(duh), they took hardly anytime to make, AND were yummy without being too sweet. Like anything is really too sweet. HA!

borrowed from www.artisanbreadinfive.com
For some reason they didn't appeal to the younger crowd -tee hee more for me and a happy dance- the boy told me that they weren't as good as the big ones and he'd prefer MORE frosting on them. Well, we'd all prefer everything with more frosting, wouldn't we?

You can see how to make them here and the recipe for the brioche here. Sorry I don't have more time to go into detail but will, because somebody is making these again real soon.

We've been celebrating birthdays this month and had another one this last weekend for the eldest child. We surprised her with tickets to see Justin Bieber when he comes to Everett. The only catch, she has to go with me. *snicker*



No comments:

Post a Comment