Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What?


I'm having a heck of a time getting motivated these last few days. Yesterday I started feeling a little out of whack and I'm not sure what's causing it. Perhaps I'm lacking in one of my vitamin supplements or one of my new medications is causing it. Whatever.

I discovered a new recipe for pancakes that we all just die over. We've eaten them for dinner twice in the last week and at least twice for breakfast. Not to mention that I had a few left over from one of those nights and we froze them for weekday breakfast. Typically, we are a Krusteaz family. I buy the big bags from Costco and every other week we have them for dinner and at least once during a weekend. My family loves pancakes. Well, last weekend the man of the house accidentally picked up a quart of buttermilk instead of 2% - I saw the mistake right off the bat, but he said the color was similar. Anyhow, well when life gives you buttermilk, you make buttermilk pancakes!
I had remembered a few days earlier a post that I had read on The Happy Housewife that I knew we had to try someday. Well that someday had come. Happy's whole wheat pancakes are a hit! We had to alter them up a bit, because half of the kids were gone and I definitely didn't need to make a full batch and I didn't have any whole wheat flour around. Regardless, they were delicious and so easy to make and my husband claims it is why he bought the buttermilk in the first place, no mistake, all intentional. Typical man.
You'll have to enjoy her pictures for now as I haven't had a chance to take any of our own. When I do, I'll add the recipe with it too.


In the past month I've made my cinnamon rolls several times and I think my husband and my ass are hating me for it. They are just good and a seriously awesome reward for being a stay-at-home mom. Don't they look good?

I'm now working on our menu plan for the next three months - the first two months were easy, but now I'm struggling with the last month. It may be a month of rice & noodles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment