Saturday, April 17, 2010

Relief

I'm sitting here, well before anyone else is up and it's quiet. I'm enjoying the sounds of the birds, the waves, and off in the distance the early morning roar of a lion waiting for his breakfast. errr.... yes, I said lion. We live only a skip, hop, and a jump from the Olympic Game Farm. It's lovely there. We love it!

It's calming to know that all the lions, tigers, bears, and bison are locked up behind a simple cow fence just beyond the hay field. Ha!
Actually, the sounds are really enjoyable. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would live so close to the wild- even if the "wild" has been trained and used in countless Disney flicks.

My son's appointment went well the other day and they were able to rule out the Juvenile degenerative disc disease (thank you!)but are now doing labs and going over all the MRI's, CT scans, and XRays that they did to try and rule out rheumatoid arthritis -ugh. I found out this week (after his appointment) that I too, had been tested several (yes, several) times for RA when I was little. The doctor's never did figure out what caused me to be uncomfortable and experience pain in my back and joints -even though it frustrated my parents to no end. So, hopefully with all the technology now we can find some answers and help him out.

We're working in the yard this weekend and I love getting grubby. I'll post pictures later, but for now here is what has been going on -on the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment