Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm calling it Menu Monday

because I don't have anything better.  

It's been a couple of weeks since I've posted and I'm getting back into the groove of things.  Not quite what I used to be, but closer.  My nasty, quick wit is still lagging.  I blame the multitude of experimental PRESCRIPTION drugs I've been on over the last year.  But I believe we've (my doctor and myself -I've haven't been diagnosed as having multiple personality disorder yet) finally found something that works good with the lupus, fibromyalgia, and alopecia that doesn't totally fuck me up.  *Insert huge fake smile here*

The hubs and I took our first trip together, sans children, last weekend.  I'll repeat that.  Sans children, and by that I mean ALONE.  It.  Was.  Fabulous.  And even though we never slept in, we didn't stay up late, and we called to check on the littles several times, we enjoyed ourselves so much.  We definitely needed the time away together.  We ate fantastic food.  Discovered cool, moody coffee shops.  And in China Town, found out that there was more than chicken and pig on the menu.  Dog.  Barbecued, strung up, and ready to eat in hanging up in the window of a bakery.  Um....yum?  

We've already planned and booked our return trip for the end of April and this time we're bring all the kids.  Yikes.

This week's menu will be a lot of the usual suspects:  no imagination here

Monday: Salad day!  Lots of green to recover from football food

Tuesday: Chicken noodle and grilled cheese sandwiches

Wednesday: Spaghetti, bread, and salad

Thursday: Broccoli Beef over rice

Friday:  Homemade pancakes

Saturday: Leftovers or new recipe night

Sunday: crockpot beef, potatoes, and veggies

That's it!  If there's a recipe that you'd like to have and can't find it on a search -I'm working on getting this organized- just send me a message, I'd love to share!

You all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment