COWBOY COOKIES dude!
So simple a four year old can do it or George Bush's wife -what's-her-face, Barbara. No. Laura. That's the right Bush wife, Laura.
(recipe adapted from Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies)
makes about 3 dozen large cookies depending on size
prep time: 15-20 minutes bake time: 12-14 minutes
3 cups all purpose organic flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon -this is too much for us, so I use just a bit less
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter at room temp.
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
3 cups organic old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups organic flaked coconut
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Cookie pans should be coated with parchment paper or silpats
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt
3. In mixer bowl, cream butter on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Beat in sugars, scraping sides until fluffy for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, cream well after each egg. Add the vanilla.
5. While reducing the speed, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually, until just combined.
6. With a big spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the oats, chocolate chips, and coconut.
7. For each cookie drop 1/4 cup of cookie dough onto the cookie pans, about 3 inches apart. Bake until the edges are set and browned, and the middle is still fluffy looking. Baking about 12-14 minutes. Cool on the pans and chow down baby!