Friday, July 2, 2010

a food related matter


I love food. There is no denying it, and I am proud to say it. I LOVE FOOD.
I have bred it into my children as well. I love to try new recipes and we have a rule you have to at least try it and then decide if it's something you like or dislike.

Like the time I made cheezy potatoes. I found the recipe online and looked at it sideways when it mentioned 1 1/2 cups of oil, but then didn't bat an eyelash as I drizzled (drowned) the tater wedges with it and topped it with a massive amount of cheese. When I pulled the casserole dish out of the oven... I almost spilled the oil, but I still put it on the table for my family to ooh and aah over. As I was scooping the potatoes onto their plates I made a declaration: "If you don't like how this tastes it's okay, you don't have to finish it." Thank goodness, because I still have that taste in my mind. It was awful, so much that we dumped it immediately in the trash and ate cereal and top ramen noodles. I so wish I would have taken pictures. It was such an greasy, soupy mess that it was comical. I'm pretty sure I could paint a picture of it for you, but I think I've done enough with the description alone.

A quick menu plan for you is posted below. It contains meals for the Fourth of July weekend and our camping trip. Enjoy!


Friday, July 2 - pancakes/homemade pizza

Saturday, July 3 - new dish -undecided, we have guests!

Sunday, July 4th! - BBQ pork ribs (slab), BBQ chicken thighs/drumsticks/breasts, tater salad, my special bbq sweet beans, green salad and corn on the cob. We'll throw some desserts in there foo!

Monday, July 5th - first day of camping: leftover chicken/ribs, baked beans, corn

Tuesday, July 6th - tacos -beef/soft tortillas

Wednesday, July 7th - spaghetti w/ salad

Thursday, July 8th - hamburgers w/ salad/veggies

Friday, July 9th - hotdogs w/ salad/veggies

Saturday, July 10th - keilbasa, beans, veggies

For breakfasts we'll have eggs/bacon/toast/oatmeal/fruit/cereal/yogurt

For lunches we'll have sandwiches and/or leftovers

snacks will be veggies/fruits/chips/cookies/brownies/homemade bread/cheese and crackers

I'm not totally creative in this area yet because I haven't been camping in ages. I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment