Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have nothin'

Today was a real disappointment of a day. I accomplished nothing. I got out and got my coffee, started to pick up some birthday gifts that I need to get out and decided that I just couldn't do it anymore. I convinced the girls that lunch was calling our names. N asked if it was McDonalds, and the answer was a big fat NO. Got home, did a load of laundry and a load of dishes and that was it. I had no energy, no motivation, nothing.


If you're trying to be frugal, trying not to let anything go to waste, don't do what I did today. Tonight, according to the menu, was to be chicken rice-a-roni. So, I pulled the chicken breasts out of the freezer to defrost. Then at six, grumbled that I really couldn't pull it together to cook dinner. So, we went to Costco.

Yes, I didn't have to cook - the kids had pizza. I ended up getting some groceries that I needed. However, I forgot about the chicken sitting on the counter and we've been back for at least two hours now and I'm pretty sure the chicken went bad. damn.

So, my advice for tonight

stick with the plans you've set, otherwise it all just goes down the crapper

No comments:

Post a Comment